Dr.Mehli Nazir completed his Master of Surgery (1997- University of Mumbai) where he stood first amongst the entire batch.
Thereafter he went on to specialise in Colorectal surgery and Laparoscopic surgery in the U.K. over the next several years. This included working in:
- Royal Victoria Hospital
- Craigavon Area Hospital
- Coleraine Hospital
- Daisy Hill Hospital
- Tyrone County Hospital
Here he closely worked with surgical luminaries including Mr Eamon Mackel, Mr Fred Mullen, Mr Colin Russell, Mr Dominic Pinto OBE to name a few.
During this period, he attained his fellowship to the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh [FRSC Edin degree].
These years in the U.K. included:
- Working in various institutions that specialised in Colorectal and Laparoscopic surgery, mastering techniques with cutting edge technology inputs
- Partaking in numerous international and national meetings and conferences including:
- Laparoscopic surgical advancements in biliary (gallbladder) and colorectal surgery.
- Treatment protocols via laparoscopic and open methods of complex abdominal wall hernias.
- Newer treatment modalities of hemorrhoids (piles), fistulas, fissures and Pilonidal cyst / complex management protocols
On his return to India, over the better part of two decades, he has worked at numerous institutions including:
- Breach Candy Hospital
- Parsee General Hospital
- Cumballa Hill Hospital
- Masina Hospital
- Elizabeth Hospital
His area of specialty include:
- Specialist nuances in the management of haemorrhoids (piles), fissures and fistulas.
- Laparoscopic abdominal surgeries including surgeries pertaining to the colon, gallbladder, appendix and all hernia repairs.
- Pilonidal complex / cyst management